51st Regiment

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 5198 times)

VectorScope

• Chosen Man
  • Awarded for distinguished service to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • A Cypriot living in Italy.
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 15 members. Ordinary Seaman  Awarded to those who have recruited 50 members. Awarded to those who have recruited 25 members. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to those who have recruited 10 members. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello there!
« on: June 08, 2020, 09:33:53 pm »
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone's doing well. I'm VectorScope; a relatively new guy looking forward to playing more with you guys. I hope I can be a good fit. I've never made one of these threads before so I thought 'why not?' Some info about me: I'm 26, and contrary to popular opinion, I'm not Italian. Ok, so that's enough info about me.

Had a blast in the naval event today. The artillery company especially kicked ass and dominated the scoreboard! They sound like amazing guys, the best there is. Real game changers, feared by all. Very reliable too, I heard that you can always count on them to take down enemy cannons whether it be naval battles or regular line-battles.

To make this interesting; Ask Me Anything!
Please do ask me stuff. It would be sad if no-one asked me anything at all in this thread.

Anyways, cheers and stay safe! <3
Boom

Jokes

• Recruit
  • Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier. Landsman
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:19:21 pm »
I think you are a nice and helpfull m8 thank you :)

Ecko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:11:32 am »
I want to be your friend, u sound like a cool guy that loves to watch anime, likes to play hots(Heroes of the Storm) and doesnt let anyone down.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:13:31 pm by VectorScope »

Average

• Colour Sergeant
  • Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • spim to win
  • Midshipsman Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 11:18:50 am »
where do you find all of your jokes? spur of the moment or you actually look them up?
your average tea drinker and crumpet muncher.

Walki

• Lieutenant
  • Awarded to those who are contributing to the Lead tier on Patreon. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • Hackerman
  • Lieutenant Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 12:12:59 pm »
Who the hell are you? /s
+++++++++++++[>++++>+<<-]>.--.>---.

VectorScope

• Chosen Man
  • Awarded for distinguished service to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 15 members. Ordinary Seaman  Awarded to those who have recruited 50 members. Awarded to those who have recruited 25 members. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to those who have recruited 10 members. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 03:13:43 pm »
I want to be your friend, u sound like a cool guy that loves to watch anime, likes to play hots(Heroes of the Storm) and doesnt let anyone down.  ;D

Ew.
Boom

VectorScope

• Chosen Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 03:25:14 pm »
where do you find all of your jokes? spur of the moment or you actually look them up?

It's never a straightforward process, and you always have to be on the lookout for inspirations. Coming up with a joke is an art form in itself. It takes years of dedication, hard work, sweat and tears. It's a process which builds characters, and it is this process of building a character which leads to a lot of new jokers giving up. You have to be able to take criticism and push on, never give up. You can't expect me to break down the whole process for you right now, I would easily run past the word limit. So let me demonstrate with a very intelligent, ingenious, one of a kind, witty joke.

So you know how some people sometimes go AFK (away from keyboard, for the uninformed), right? And when they come back, they want to let their friends and families know that they've returned. So they announce it with a simple phrase like "I'm back". RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT, without skipping a beat, with your best normal voice, you have to pretend as if you didn't hear them clearly and ask "what?" or "you're what?". This is their weakest moment, the moment where you will know whether you succeed or not. If you manage to catch them off-guard, they will repeat the same phrase, saying "I'm BACK". This is the moment you know you've made it, the years of hard work paid off, your moment has come. Your moment to shine. Right at that moment, with your best jokester voice, you have to say "You're BACK?!!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE [Insert their name here]!!!!". After you seize your moment of triumph, you need to lay back, and let the applauds of the audience blast through your speakers. This is the moment you will be remembered for. A moment worth building monuments for.

And the best part is, the joke never gets old. Even if you make the same joke 513 times, nobody expects it for the 514th time. They will assume "He seriously can't be doing the same joke again.". Little do they know, you pray on this innocent assumption. So you do the joke yet another time. And they still won't expect it for the 515th time. This is where the art form lies. This is what differentiates losers from winners. This is how legends are born.

I hope this helps. I can't hold your hand and teach you the ways, but I at least tried to break down the inner workings of a masterpiece of a joke. So use it with caution, and use it for good. It's a dangerous tool.
Boom

VectorScope

• Chosen Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 03:26:53 pm »
Who the hell are you? /s

Who do you need me to be? ;)
Boom

VectorScope

• Chosen Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 03:28:00 pm »
I think you are a nice and helpfull m8 thank you :)

Thank you, Jokes! Sorry to hear you leaving so soon. You and your friends are always welcome with us, if you decide to change your mind. :)
Boom

Average

• Colour Sergeant
  • Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • spim to win
  • Midshipsman Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 06:48:10 pm »

It's never a straightforward process, and you always have to be on the lookout for inspirations. Coming up with a joke is an art form in itself. It takes years of dedication, hard work, sweat and tears. It's a process which builds characters, and it is this process of building a character which leads to a lot of new jokers giving up. You have to be able to take criticism and push on, never give up. You can't expect me to break down the whole process for you right now, I would easily run past the word limit. So let me demonstrate with a very intelligent, ingenious, one of a kind, witty joke.

So you know how some people sometimes go AFK (away from keyboard, for the uninformed), right? And when they come back, they want to let their friends and families know that they've returned. So they announce it with a simple phrase like "I'm back". RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT, without skipping a beat, with your best normal voice, you have to pretend as if you didn't hear them clearly and ask "what?" or "you're what?". This is their weakest moment, the moment where you will know whether you succeed or not. If you manage to catch them off-guard, they will repeat the same phrase, saying "I'm BACK". This is the moment you know you've made it, the years of hard work paid off, your moment has come. Your moment to shine. Right at that moment, with your best jokester voice, you have to say "You're BACK?!!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE [Insert their name here]!!!!". After you seize your moment of triumph, you need to lay back, and let the applauds of the audience blast through your speakers. This is the moment you will be remembered for. A moment worth building monuments for.

And the best part is, the joke never gets old. Even if you make the same joke 513 times, nobody expects it for the 514th time. They will assume "He seriously can't be doing the same joke again.". Little do they know, you pray on this innocent assumption. So you do the joke yet another time. And they still won't expect it for the 515th time. This is where the art form lies. This is what differentiates losers from winners. This is how legends are born.

I hope this helps. I can't hold your hand and teach you the ways, but I at least tried to break down the inner workings of a masterpiece of a joke. So use it with caution, and use it for good. It's a dangerous tool.
i appreciate your knowledge and the fact you grant me this wisdom
your average tea drinker and crumpet muncher.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal