51st Regiment

Author Topic: Minden News #43: 1v1 Results, New Holdfast Update & More!  (Read 5141 times)

OriginalHobo

• Ensign
  • Tiocfaidh ár lá
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 10 members. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Acting Lieutenant Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €100 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
    • Awards
Minden News #43: 1v1 Results, New Holdfast Update & More!
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:28:47 pm »

Issue #43: "Usus est magister optimus."

RESULTS - 1v1 Melee Tournament
It's that time again gentlemen. Another edition of Minden News.

As readers may know, last weekend we had the second regimental 1v1 Melee Tournament. I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say there was some nail-bitingly close matches. I'm also sure everyone who was watching will have been amazed by the high level of melee skill in the tournament this time around. Noteworthy mentions go to the round fought between Acez v. Copperfield; and the final round Tachang v. Copperfield. There was some really extraordinary melee being played and I'm sure nobody will forget this tournament for awhile!
You can see the final table below:

Prizes have been given out and are as such:
• 1st place - Tachang awarded the rank of Guardsman!
• Most Improved Enlisted - Acez awarded the £10 Steam voucher

Congratulations to Tachang (who now holds the disgustingly beautiful rank of Sergeant Guardsman (Sgt.Gdm)) and Acez on their well deserved achievements!
Kudos to everyone else for participating, it's all good experience and some of you have made leaps and bounds since the last tournament. Keep practising and one day you might hold the coveted rank of Guardsman. We hope to see you attend the next tournament.

Holdfast Update: Expanded Battlefields & High Command DLC
The new Holdfast update is live! Contained in the new update are 8 new maps,, melee changes, new and improved cavalry controls and new gestures. Along with the free updates, there is a new paid DLC with 4 new officer skins and an infantry officer sword! Be sure to check out both the trailer for the update and the Steam store page for the paid DLC!

Napoleonic Artillery League & Artillery Showcase Video
The Napoleonic Artillery League is still ongoing and our Artillery Company boys have been making good progress with their matches. As they were top of the table in their group, they are now through to the final stages with one match to be played before they reach the semi-finals. Currently still in the running for the winners crown are the KRA, 21st, the 26th and the 8thLR. You can see the current fixtures on Challonge.

Our Artillery boys have done very well so far, but it's not over yet! Be sure to cheer them on during their upcoming matches!

Keeping with the Artillery theme, I want to share with you a video made by our very own VectorScope for the 51st Regiment of Foot YouTube channel.
It's excellently made and a fine display of the skill our artillery boys possess! So here it is, enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaYwWOlaWc

Trial NCOs & Recruitment
You may have noticed we have had an intake of new Trial NCOs. Although they are not strictly NCOs yet, they are distinguished with an asterisk (*) in TeamSpeak to set them apart from the ordinary rabble enlisted. We wish them the best of luck in their upcoming challenges.

To end the week, as always we'd like to thank everyone that has been spending time on public servers and recruiting. As you all know, more recruits means bigger and better events for us so we appreciate all the hard work the recruiters do each month. Huge thanks to all our donators and patrons on Patreon too, without you we couldn't function.

It was close, but our top recruiter for the month of August was Omerhaybo! Let me extend a huge thank you to omerhaybo, he has been putting in the work recruiting over the last few months. Be like Omer and get recruiting! We'll love you for it.

For all the new members, welcome to the regiment! Feel free to spend time in TeamSpeak and get to know everyone!

Current Schedule:
Monday — Naval Battle — 20:00 CEST / 2:00 PM EDT
Tuesday — Siege — 20:00 CEST / 2:00 PM EDT
Wednesday — Training — 20:00 CEST / 2:00 PM EDT
Wednesday — Public Linebattle — 21:00 CEST / 3:00 PM EDT
Thursday — Linebattle — 20:00 CEST / 2:00 PM EDT
Friday — Game Night — 20:00 CEST / 2:00 PM EDT
Friday — Artillery Event — 21:00 CEST / 3:00 PM EDT
Friday — NA Linebattle — 02:00 CEST / 8:00 PM EDT
Saturday — Linebattle — 20:00 CEST / 2:00 PM EDT
Saturday — Melee Training — 21:30 CEST / 3:30 PM EDT
Saturday — NA Linebattle — 02:00 CEST / 8:00 PM EDT
Sunday — Bootcamp & Linebattle — 19:00 CEST / 1:00 PM EDT

That concludes the September edition of the Minden News.
Remember Minden!

Big thanks to our Patreon patrons!
Platinum: Hunter
Gold: HubblyBubbly
Silver: Jamster, Psycho_NL, Shady, Tachang
Bronze: Fortune, Stalker
Lead: Acez, Hobo, MarkvA, M4rt3rnus, Steiner, VectorScope

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:16:42 pm by OriginalHobo »
"Until, on Vinegar Hill, the final conclave.
Terraced thousands died, shaking scythes at cannon.
The hillside blushed, soaked in our broken wave.
They buried us without shroud or coffin
And in August the barley grew up out of the grave. "

Mark

• Captain
  • Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • 51st Regiment
  • Lieutenant Awarded to those who have donated a total of €100 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Regiment in Napoleonic Wars.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Minden News #43: 1v1 Results, New Holdfast Update & More!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »
The 1vs1 tournament was a blast! I'm looking forward to the next one!
Mark

Acez

• Reservist
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 10 members. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:55:31 pm »
Always excited to be reading the Minden News  ;D Great stuff as usual  :)

Homicidal Puppy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 9-1 wasn't a thing until I showed up.
  • Captain Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Grenadiers in Battlegrounds 2. Awarded to veterans of the 83rd Grenadiers in Battlegrounds 2. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Regiment in Napoleonic Wars. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Regiment in Mount & Musket.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 10:21:32 pm »
B Y D A N D!

Ecko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 10:43:31 pm »
My favourite newspaper :3

OriginalHobo

• Ensign
  • Tiocfaidh ár lá
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 10 members. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Acting Lieutenant Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €100 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 11:09:20 pm »
Always excited to be reading the Minden News  ;D Great stuff as usual  :)

A word of thanks to Acez for helping with some research for this month's article.
Much obliged my dear friend.

Walki

• Lieutenant
  • Awarded to those who are contributing to the Lead tier on Patreon. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • Hackerman
  • Lieutenant Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:58 pm »
Let's see how your career in the 51ST will progress after posting a 92nd officer in the news
+++++++++++++[>++++>+<<-]>.--.>---.

OriginalHobo

• Ensign
  • Tiocfaidh ár lá
    • View Profile
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 05:03:23 pm »
Let's see how your career in the 51ST will progress after posting a 92nd officer in the news

Hey listen I don't make the news, I just report on it. I think AGS are the real villains here :^)

I've covered wars you know

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal