51st Regiment

Author Topic: Minden News #36: Saint Valentine's Day  (Read 4048 times)

OriginalHobo

• Ensign
  • Tiocfaidh ár lá
  • Awarded to those who have recruited 10 members. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Acting Lieutenant Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €100 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
    • Awards
Minden News #36: Saint Valentine's Day
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:01:11 pm »

Issue #36: "If music be the food of love, play on"

Saint Valentine's Day
As you may know, February 14th is the feast day of Saint Valentine, a Roman saint and martyr that lived in the 3rd Century AD.

Famously, Saint Valentine has been the patron saint of love and courtship since the High Middle Ages (and less famously, patron saint of epilepsy). He was a Christian clergyman and ministred secretly to the Christians in Rome during the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire. Valentine was ultimately imprisoned, later to be condemned to death. He refused to apostatise and he beaten with wooden clubs and pelted with stones before being beheaded. However on a brighter note, presently for most people Valentine's Day is a more secular holiday that is celebrated by lovers and couples around the world.
So here's to all you romantics out there, hopeless or otherwise.

0.41 Melee Guide
Esteemed melee player and Switzer Grenadier James Stukov has produced a Melee Guide for Holdfast's 0.41 update for your reading pleasure.
The Melee Guide has some great tips for beginners and improvers alike, so get reading if you haven't already.
Thanks to Stukov for producing this guide for us.

Discord and Challenges
For those who haven't already heard, Corporal Tachang has revamped our Discord Server!
Tachang has put in a lot of work into developing the Discord, creating "Challenges" and "Hardcore Challenges" for members to achieve.
Thanks to Tachang for all his work for the Discord.

Have YOU been mentioned in despatches?
As always, a big welcome to the recruits and privates that have joined us in the last month!
Be sure to spend time on the Teamspeak, Discord and get involved in game nights with other members.

Remember to strive for greatness - medals are awarded for battlefield valour!

Monday — Naval Battle — 20:00 CET / 2:00 PM EST
Tuesday — Siege — 20:00 CET / 2:00 PM EST
Wednesday — Training — 20:00 CET / 2:00 PM EST
Thursday — Linebattle — 20:00 CET / 2:00 PM EST
Friday — Linebattle — 20:00 CET / 2:00 PM EST
Saturday — Game Night — 20:00 CET / 2:00 PM EST
Sunday — Bootcamp & Linebattle — 19:00 CET / 1:00 PM EST

That wraps up this week's edition of Minden News™.
Until we meet again, remember Minden.

Big thanks to our Patreon patrons!
Hero of Minden: Copperfield and Nick Vogel
Platinum: Hunter
Silver: Jamster, Shady, Tachang, Ulfgrim, Whale_Scrotum
Bronze: Fortune, Kitty_DK, Stalker
Lead: Hobo, MarkvA, and Steiner

"Until, on Vinegar Hill, the final conclave.
Terraced thousands died, shaking scythes at cannon.
The hillside blushed, soaked in our broken wave.
They buried us without shroud or coffin
And in August the barley grew up out of the grave. "

Mark

• Captain
  • Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • 51st Regiment
  • Lieutenant Awarded to those who have donated a total of €100 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Regiment in Napoleonic Wars.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Minden News #36: Saint Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 09:07:01 pm »
Happy Valentine's Day to my only love, the 51st.
Mark

James_Stukov

• Ensign
  • Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches. Awarded for showing great skill in competitive matches.
  • Self-Proclaimed Melee Sweat
  • Awarded to those who have donated a total of €100 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Acting Lieutenant Awarded for service as a non-commissioned officer. Awarded for service as an enlisted soldier. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment.
    • View Profile
    • Verified Damsels  Exemplary Сasual Dating
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 09:10:50 pm »
"Esteemed Melee Player and Switzer"

A title I shall keep in Mind.

Happy valentines day, my sweet love for Melee.

You expected me to say 51st? Hah, godeem you Pedo's.

Homicidal Puppy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 9-1 wasn't a thing until I showed up.
  • Captain Awarded to those who have donated a total of €50 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to those who have recruited 5 members. Awarded to those who have donated a total of €20 to the 51st Regiment. Awarded to veterans of the 83rd Grenadiers in Battlegrounds 2. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Grenadiers in Battlegrounds 2. Awarded for service as a commanding officer. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Regiment in Napoleonic Wars. Awarded to veterans of the 51st Regiment in Mount & Musket.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 03:39:45 pm »
My only Valentine was my emptiness.

It's always there waiting for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal